DiAnn's Gift Box & Mini Album


My friend DiAnn just celebrated her birthday and since she's always making beautiful things for everyone – (she just made me an adorable bird and birdhouse. See this post if you missed it.) – I asked her if she had any ideas for her birthday that she would like me to make. She told me what colors she liked and that she also liked the card box I altered a few weeks back.


I hit the nearest scrapbook store and had a great time coordinating products for my planned project. 
Here is the finished box...



Oh my goodness, I am in the right business. I just love paper and flowers and buttons and rub-ons and ink and stamps, and....  well, like I said, I'm in the right business. This box comes from Close To My Heart. It's  plain white chipboard with a double magnetic closure. I used various papers from DCWV, Glitz, Prima and October Afternoon, and Close To My Heart for the large flower on top. Tim Holtz buttons and bee stamp, Pink Paislee rub-ons, Prima embellishments all tied everything together nicely.





I have to mention this pretty embellishment because DiAnn gave it to me in a package of six different cameos from Webster's Pages. (See? She's always giving me stuff!) They are just beautiful.




I had such fun making the box,  and I had so much supply left over I knew I had to make something else. Who gives someone an empty box for their birthday? Not me.


So I made this mini album that would fit inside the box. The idea behind this mini is to honor our friendship and to celebrate our creative connection to one another. 





This charm cluster is an idea I got from Diann herself who makes beautiful mini albums.






The base of this album is long, side-loading kraft envelopes (The Paper Studio, Hobby Lobby). Several of the pages you'll see are the envelopes like the one above on the righthand side. (Remember to click on the photos for a closer look.)





Did I mentioned Crafty Secrets stickers and cut-outs? I love their products! 


Here are the remaining pages of the album...







I had such fun making both projects. There's just something about creating a gift by hand for someone you love. It's even better than getting a gift, in my opinion. I'll be meeting DiAnn for coffee in the morning to give these to her. Can't wait!




Here's another look at both the box and the mini album. Thanks for stopping by today and taking a look.






Comments

  1. These gifts are amazing! I am sure she is going to love, love these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful gifts, Annette, don't you just love working with all these yummies...you used all my favs...I enjoy seeing and reading about your artwork...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work, as always, Annette!! She must be a special friend, and very lucky! Have fun at coffee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW WOW WOW.........not much else I can say Annette, I'm speechless at this gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful!! What a lucky friend you have, I would be over the moon to receive such a gift. thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful gifts!! I LOVE the box!! The flower is so pretty!!! She is going to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, your box is just gorgeous and I love the charms! What diecut did you use for the flower? Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for my beautiful gift. You are so thoughful. I Cherish our friendship and love of crafting. I will keep this box always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the nice comments. Just makes my day! To answer Bobbie's question, the die-cut flower on the top of the box comes from the Close To My Heart Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com