Day 4 in Creative Chemistry 101

Getting things done a little late today. But it was worth it because I got to have a little shopping fun with my girlfriend DiAnn this morning. Scrapbooking store, of course! (The Scrappy Boutique in Orlando.) And I was delighted to find quite a bit of Tim Holtz's new Idea-ology findings, the new Tattered Flower Garland die, and a few new Textured Fades. And to my delight, two of my other friends Kathy and Kathi (also HUGE Tim fans) walked in just as we were checking out, so we got to visit and chat with them for a while. It's an hour's drive to the store, but it's worth the trip since we don't have ANY scrapbook stores in our county anymore.

Anywho, it's back to business. Today is Day 4 of Creative Chemistry with Tim Holtz, and we began with a very informative video on re-inkers and maintenance. Then on to the fun of making three tags using different techniques with re-inkers.



Here are my three tags I made...

I have to admit, I just don't have that many re-inkers yet, but it was fun making it work with what I had.




Now let's take a closer look, and I hope that my photos are okay. 
I had to take them indoors today because I didn't finish them until after dark.

"Watercoloring with Re-inkers Technique"




This was fun to experiment with using a water brush and re-inkers. It takes a little practice, but it's not difficult. You just gotta know when to stop. (which is hard because it's so fun!)





"Layered Misting Technique"




It's really hard to pick up the overall effect in this photo, but the point was to spritz and get those flecks for texture. I didn't have a single stencil in the house so I made my own by cutting out some packaging plastic with Tim's Alterations Dies and laying the pieces down and spritzing over them.




"Custom Stamp Pad Technique"

I had tried this technique once before and this time I was even more pleased with the results. I used two different stamps (the pen nibs and the phrase) so I had to make two custom stamp pads from the Cut-N-Dry Felt.





This stamp is one of my all-time favorites. Just love the saying, and how it looks.





That's it for me today. I love getting your comments, especially fellow classmates! I ask you, does your towel look like this? It's only Day 4 and I need to throw it in the wash.



Thanks for stopping by. See you after class tomorrow!




Comments

  1. Totally great tags!!
    I'm taking the class too....I didn't get to do a darn thing today so I will have to play catch up!! Great work though! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your tags today Annette, especially your beautiful painting on the pineapple.

    I haven't had a chance to do today's class yet, but have had a chance to put in a big order for Tim Holtz and Ranger products online. Turns out its cheaper for me to buy from Inspiration Emporium in the US (including postage) than to buy retail in Australia. Who knew? Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tags! Love them all. And yes, my towl looks like that too. But that's what he's there for ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Mask layer! I literally tried to find a stencil of some sorts myself, then I realized I had his masks or a couple of them. I tried it but then I used CTMH Tulip with pearl pain & that was like my 3rd layer. I noticed that the masks lift & are definitely harder to clean afterwards.
    I'm Lurving your custom foam stamp pad...that is FAB!
    & Yes, I think I've gone through 3 towels already lol :D So to wash or not to wash...tis the question. I think I need to invest in flour sack clothes. :0D HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com