EP Get Altered Challenge - Canvas

Welcome to eclectic Paperie’s Get Altered Challenge! The Get Altered Challenge is held on the first Thursday of each month and each challenge is an opportunity for you to be inspired by one of our eTeam’s creations (this week it’s our leader Kim Schofield) to share your work, and to be entered into our challenge prize drawing!

The Get Altered Challenge is about exploring your creative journey, about stepping outside of your comfort zone, experimenting with new products, and creating altered and mixed media art. Share a unique card, a scrapbook or journal page, a canvas, or any other project where you’ve used paint, ink, paper, and embellishments.

We want to see your work and hear about your inspiration! All of those who play along with our challenge will be entered into a prize drawing for a $15.00 gift certificate to the eclectic Paperie store. So grab your supplies and play along!

Here are a few things to keep in mind for this challenge…

• You do not have to use products sold in the eP store…but we do love it when you do!

• Share a direct link to your creation, not just your blog, using the Linky Tools feature at the end of EP's blog post.

• When uploading to any online galleries, please use any of the following keywords; eP, eclectic Paperie or Get Altered Challenge. Link your creations to the eP blog.


Okay, with all that said, here is the altered canvas I created...

Once you pop over to the EP Blog, you'll see that Kim and I were on the same wavelength with the butterfly theme.  I've created only one other altered canvas a while back so this was a good challenge for me, trying something new and products that were new to me.


I've seen these Gelatos in action before and finally decided to try them out. But first, I gave my canvas a light wash of Shell Pink paint around the edges.



I grabbed this honeycomb stamp and rubbed the Gelato stick over the surface, then started laying down imprints here and there on the canvas. I'm pretty sure these Gelatos arn'te really intended for this purpose, but I figured I would just give it a try and see what happened.



Then I started to clean the stamp with a baby wipe and saw the pretty vibrant color coming off and thought...



Why not rub that wet color all over and see how that looks? I was pleased. 
Now it was time to start embellishing. 



Paper, fabric, buttons and metal. Now that's some mixed media.



Ink distress, sewing, filmstrip ribbon and a tiny key.



Stamping and wire.



Lace, twine, flowers and more metal.



A fun learning experience for me.


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you take this challenge and explore your creativity.

Comments

  1. Stunning Annette! Isn't that butterfly the best! I love your color pallette (I'm all about pinks and reds lately) and the addition of your embellishments. Truly a beautiful piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette,
    This turned out beautiful, love the colors and all the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Annette! Love the coloring and how many different textures you used for embellishing, from the filmstrip to the metals. It's totally lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO beautiful! Soft and elegant! I love the technique w/ the gelatos! I'll have to try that!!!
    This is a true work of art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love this canvas! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this butterfly theme going on! Amazing textures and love those embellishments !

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful and I love the embellishments..... perfect with the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this canvas is stunning! Love the butterfly and all your wonderful touches! Great job! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Annette this is stunning! Love all the details you added!
    Hugs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, Annette - just love that background and the fabulous polka dot banner! I can see I'm going to have to succumb to the gelatos soon!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your creation! Way to go using the gelato from the baby wipe! The details/embellish are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just gorgeous, Annette! I LOVE how you used the baby wipe to add more color to the canvas!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely....you've done wonders with pink....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com