CHA Recap 1 - Graphic 45

I'm back from CHA and what an experience! I hated for it to end. If you followed me on Facebook all weekend, you got bombarded with photos like crazy. If you missed it, do not despair. All week I'll recap everything, plus more photos that I didn't post on Facebook.



Today is all about Graphic 45. So first let me tell you that it's no exaggeration when I say they're booth stole the show. You can find them easily in the massive showroom simply by looking up and seeing the Graphic 45 clock tower. If you've never seen their display before, there are four large displays at the four corners of the booth with new collections featured at each, then even more gorgeous samples adorn the center of the booth. Every time I walked by, there was a huge crowd. And a long line for the make-n-take project.


Let me take you on a little tour throughout the booth...


Good Ol' Sport

Good Ol' Sport was the first section I visited. This new masculine paper collection is amazing! This is my hat rack I created from a simple wood piece from the local craft store. Graphic 45 will be featuring all the pieces of art from the booth on their blog for the next several weeks, so be sure to visit there daily for details. I took many photos to share with you, however I didn't always take the time to find out who the designer was for each project. That's where visiting the Graphic 45 blog will help you.









Botanical Tea

I really think Botanical Tea is my absolute favorite of the new collections. Such a gorgeous collection of images. Birds, flowers, tea cups and pots, butterflies. What's not to love? I've got projects swirling in my head for this one.



This is my layout featuring my daughter Jamie. Graphic 45 mounted the layout in this beautiful altered frame which set it off perfectly.



A Laura Denison masterpiece. 



And Mr. Serious, Jim the Gentleman Crafter showed me the construction of his amazing tea caddy creation. Just wait until you see the details on this one!







By The Sea

By The Sea is the best paper collection so far with a nautical, beach, travel theme. Gorgeous imagery is Graphic 45's specialty and they never let us down. Gentleman Jim created an amazing lighthouse that I somehow failed to get a photo of. So be sure to watch the Graphic 45 blog for that, and his blog as well.



My 2-page layout featuring photos of a cruise with my friends. The papers are so fantastic, it's really difficult to decide which ones to use and not use. I tend to use a lot of them, as you can see. Stay tuned to Graphic 45's blog and you'll see better photos and details on this one.



This pretty layout really got my attention. The addition of the burlap was perfect.



My 6 x 6 card featuring the new whitewashed brads. Love those shabby chic embellishments.



Sweet Sentiments

Such a pretty and sweet paper line. The name is perfect! This collection is great for all sorts of Spring-themed projects from Valentines to Easter and everything else you can imagine.



This sweet banner features the new cream colored ATC sized Tags Staples Album. Designers created a little tag for this display.



My simple Valentine themed tag.








Couture

Couture inspires you to create fashion-themed projects. My matchbook box display was fun to create (far right) I added several altered bottles, a tiny hand mirror, shoe and other pieces to adorn this customized wall shelf. Many details to come on this one on the Graphic 45 blog, so be sure to visit them daily in the coming weeks.


If you saw my previous post, you know how I teased you with photos of my plain mannequin head. Well, this is how she turned out. She's been "Coutured" to the max, right down to her eyelashes. A very fun piece to create. And a very difficult piece to protect in my carry-on bag on the plane ride to LA. I really thought I'd be in serious trouble when they scanned that bag. I'm sure you can imagine.










Half of the design team on this frame and the rest are on another just down the same wall a bit. I took this one to show my husband and daughter, however I would like to point out that I don't recall visiting ANY other booths in the entire show that featured their design team's photos. This really says a lot about Graphic 45 and their partnership and appreciation for their team.



In keeping with tradition, the Graphic 45 family dressed the part. Here the lovely Diane is teaching the make-n-take project. When you see any of these ladies away from the booth, you instantly recognize who they are representing.


I loved meeting Meggan and Charee for the first time. Two very sweet and fun young ladies. They've been lifelong friends who actually played "dress-up" many years ago together. I love that!


I found my Ranger U pal Marjie Kemper and gave her a tour of the booth.


The highlight of the entire weekend was our Graphic 45 family dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. We had a private dining room and were able to get to know each other, share some secrets, and brainstorm while we dined. I know the steaks are delicious, but I can honestly say I don't remember even eating or tasting mine because of the company I was keeping and the discussions we had.

If you click on the photo, you'll get a better look at everyone. From left to right are Joanna, Gloria, myself, Meggan, Laura, Denise Hahn, Denise Johnson, Diane, Aimee, Jim, Cesar and in front is Charee taking a knee.


A delightful group of people who I am so grateful to have met in person and get to know. It's even more apparent than ever that this is the absolute best company to work with and to design for. Simply amazing!



Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Keep visiting each day this week as I share even more photos and recaps from CHA. 


Have a great day!



Comments

  1. Thanks Annette looks like fantastic fun! Great to see your fabulous G45 projects, you sound wonderfully happy ! Xx
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an amazing time you had and the creations you have shown are stunning! Well done to everyone and no wonder they are so proud of you all. Thanks for the great photos these new ranges look awesome x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet blog post!! Annette, I am so happy you got to go and have such an incredible time! And how amazing that you got to take photos -- I know you made some memories you will never forget. Hopefully one day I'll get to meet YOU at CHA!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks and sounds as though you had a fabulous time, Annette - and the booth, as you say, looks sensational. What a thrill to see your work up on display!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful both and to have your picture displayed-that is very nice! Thank you for the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for sharing.... I have always wanted to go to CHA... I can imagine it very overwhelming. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for taking us along for the ride! I dream of attending one day myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am IN LOVE with Botanical Tea. Whim So Doodle, my lss, has ordered all of the G45 collections. Can't wait til they hit the store!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO much eye candy! Loved the personal tour of the booth - thank YOU. It was great seeing you! And LOL on the head going through the airport scanner... bet they've never seen such a glamorous one before.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com