Graphic 45 Design Team 2014 Audition

What an exciting day! The final day to submit for the Graphic 45 Design Team. I've been working away on new projects for the past two weeks and today is the day to share. 30 finalists will be announced on the Graphic 45 blog on March 27th, so be sure to check back or sign up for their newsletter so you don't miss it. Please enjoy and let me know what you think. I'd love to hear your thoughts.


Good Ol' Sport  5" x 7" card.



Couture  5" x 7" card.



(Love the little scissors.)



I'll call this my Washi Box. It's created with black chipboard and Graphic 45's new washi tape collection. 



The top has a built-in easel to display my calendar pages.



The easel portion collapses down for storage.



Inside the box is where I store the remaining months.



I had posted these back in December. I'm sure going to miss the Place In Time collection.



Place In Time Event Calendar. (or perpetual calendar). This is created using the large and regular ivory tags connected together. The date lines were done on the computer, printed on the parchment pages of Place in Time then matted onto a coordinating card stock.



I told you I was going to miss Place In Time. 



Two ivory jump rings which come with the tag albums are connected together at the top for hanging. Each month will have birthdays and anniversaries written on the lines. I can use this calendar forever!



The new Shabby Chic metal keys were a perfect adornment at the bottom of each page.



Place In Time Book Box for Mom. This is the large book box from Graphic 45. I added feet to the bottom and created a pretty box for my mom for Mother's Day. She loves my handmade cards, so I am constantly making her card gift sets like this.



Top view of box.



Ribbons, lace, chipboard, and metal embellies. 



Graphic 45 metal butterflies nested atop on another.



I created a pen holder for the inside of the lid by inserting a wide piece of decorative ribbon through the paper before gluing it to the box. The pen is clear, so I inserted some coordinating paper inside.



Inside the box are twelve cards, one for each month's theme. Did I happen to mention how much I'm going to miss Place In Time?



Good Ol' Sport 8" x 8"calendar. There's a little secret to this one.



I'll just show a few pages.





Here's the little secret: each month has a clear flap with the month on the front side and imagery from the paper collection on the inside. And underneath the flap are more images to enjoy. The 2" x 3" flap has an opening so you can change out the month when the new year rolls around. (the flaps come from Close To My Heart)



Sweet Sentiments Birdhouse.



Shabby Chic ornate metal door pull turned upside down serves as a nice window box filled with flowers. (I first saw this idea from fellow DT member Olga Struk) The door is made from a Shabby Chic keyhole and brad for the knob. 



Inside the side windows are pleated curtains. I want to live here, don't you?



My Big Fat Botanical Tea album. Measures a generous 8" x 10". The covers are flat canvases, especially chosen to support that lovely ornate metal door knob on the cover.



Botanical Tea flowers, double-sided card stock. Talk about an easy embellishment. Just curve them and layer them up and they turn out gorgeous every time!








Inside front cover and page 1. Fussy cuts, chipboard, cut-aparts, and banners. You may have to click on  the image to see the details better.



Pages 2 & 3. All pages use kraft card stock for a base. A nice, earthy texture to give the piece uniformity throughout.



Envelope closure.



Inside the envelope are four cut-aparts on kraft card stock with postage stamp pull tabs. 



Pages 4 & 5.



Page 5 has a little side pocket with pull-out journaling card.



Pages 6 & 7



Page 7 is three regular tags connected together and accordion folded down.



Pages 8 & 9. 



Page 8 is the back of 7, of course, so the pull-outs are adorned on this side too.



Page 8 is a tall envelope turned on its side. The closure is reinforced with little velcro dots.



Page 9 & inside back cover. 


The album is heavy and chunky and so much fun to flip through. I used my Cinch and a 1-inch coil to bind it. This will make a wonderful gift.



Finally, I'll close with a few of my favorite Graphic 45 projects over the past year that you may recognize.


12" x 12" matchbook box for Dad. Bird Song.


Student's Message Board. French Country.


Fall Centerpiece. Steampunk Spells, Place in Time.


Tag Album. Steampunk Spells.


Not-So-Mini Expanding Tag Album. Twelve Days of Christmas.


Wine Gift Bag. Twelve Days of Christmas.


Policy Envelope Album. Bohemian Bazaar.


12" x 12" Layout. Botanical Tea.


Matchbook Box Display Piece. Couture.


6" x 6" Easel Card. Typography.


5" x 7" Card. A Ladies Diary.


Thanks so much for stopping by, especially today. Have a fabulous weekend!


Comments

  1. Wow! What projects!! I love your artistic work with paper! I'm sending you best wishes for the future at Graphic 45! (That little gold scissors...I love it! I had some like it, but used them up. Where did you find it??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW -What amazing projects. I especially love the Bird House.
    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your work! I'm sure you will be continuing your journey and look forward to many more great creations. I submitted mine yesterday and hope to make the next round. Hugz, Zandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful creations. I just love your work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do beautiful work! G45 is lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is beautiful, Annette!
    And thank you for your kind comments about my own!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! Love LOVE the washi box especially :-) but every last piece is a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These projects are stunning! I can't even try to pick a favorite, because I love them all. You create amazing projects, Annette!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Annette... no wonder you are already on the Team - your work is wonderful!!!! Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog; they are so very kind. Fingers crossed for the both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful creations, so hard to pick a favourite! Thanks so much for dropping by my blog and for your sweet words. Sending you best wishes as you go for a second term on the G45 team.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes very informative post. It is really help full for us.
    Best SEO company in India

    ReplyDelete
  12. These projects are amazing and really beautiful! Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my own submission!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic projects! You are truly creative! Fingers are crossed that you make the time---you are truly an asset to G45!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are truly amazing! The end.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW I want to peek inside that steam punk mini so much! Adore the birdhouse and - well just everything!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW again - forgot to say how much I LOVE the Joy album. It invites the viewer inside and is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love everything you've made - and all with just minute detail! Wow... you must do this all day long! I love the birdhouse, love those papers, and the box for mom.... what a pleasure it would be go receive a gift like that! Best of luck on Team G45.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just adore all your projects Annette - Especially love the Steampunk Spells Tag Album and Matchbook Box Display Piece. Love your style!! Best wishes to you as go for a second term on the team. Thanks so much for dropping by my blog and for your sweet words xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Grreat projects! Love the 'Mom' box and Calendar and the Couture Matchbox display box...all of them are wonderful! Wishing you luck...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful work Annette (as always!) - Betsy at PaperCalliope

    ReplyDelete
  21. Annette, Oh my blog full of goodness! So many old and new faves, I don't know what to start. Each of the calendars are stunning and something to look forward to each month! Thank you for sharing your creativity and auditioning for the Graphic 45 Design Team. -Charee

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely Beautiful work Annette! I became familiar with your crafts a couple months ago and have been impressed ever since. Betsy at PaperCalliope

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous projects! Love the birdhouse! Good luck :)
    Smiles
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  24. Annette, you amaze me, woman! I love all of your projects, and how versatile of a designer you are. It's been such an honor to design alongside you the past 10 months! You do such an amazing job with Graphic 45 and I look forward to seeing your name on that list tomorrow (and next month)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You`re have so pretty projects! Wish you luck in Final!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You do beautiful work. Congrats on making it through the first round and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on making the final 30 Annette! I know you'll make the team again. Your projects are wonderful and do-able for most people! I'll miss Place in Time too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats on making the first round! Your projects are beautiful! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful work Annette! G45 is lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW Annette... Congrats in making to top 30... best of luck for the final round... Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. AAAAAMazing!!! Love all the projects - awesome job and lots of fabulous ideas for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love all of your creations Annette :) I am already a huge fan .. I have been working on the steampunk mini (love it!)along with a few other projects. I have no doubt we will be seeing more of your wonderful creations on the graphic 45 blog.

    ReplyDelete
  33. OMG! What beautiful work Annette! Hi, I'm a new follower via Graphic 45 design team finalist list. I wish you good luck! http://2peasinapod-thepeapod.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am so happy to see your name on the top 30 list! I am such a fan and you are so sweet and kind! I am happy for you. And I really really need to make that tea mini! Wow! So wondrous! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  35. The calendar is everything!! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congrats on making the top 30!

    ReplyDelete
  37. omg . . I want to make ALL of these! I love, love, love your creations, Annette! Look forward to your being a designer for G45 again . ..
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congratulations and best wishes for Round 2!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congratulations on making Top 30! Your work is absolutely stunning! Love the washi box. Best of luck in the final round of the audition :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Congrat's on making the top 30. Your creations are so beautiful. I love them all. Good Luck. :D
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'm so enjoying your projects! They are all just outstanding. How exciting to be in the top 30 at Graphic 45.....a well deserved honor : ) Wishing you the best of luck in the next round! Ginny from Polly's Paper

    ReplyDelete
  42. Annette, your sweet sentiments birdhouse is stunning - holy smokes! Congrats on making the Top 30, and best of luck in the finals!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Annette your work is gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing all the details in your beautiful pics. Your work is very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Annette....just an amazing body of work. I love your shabby chic style..so clean and lovely at the same time. Your projects are imaginative and interactive and totally wonderful. Congrats on making the top 30!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Congrats on making G45 DT 2014! I can't wait to work with you this year! You're style in amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com