Creative Blogger Award

It's always such an honor to receive fellow artists' sweet comments on my blog about my creations and then to get nominated for the Creative Blogger Award by one of my peers? Awesome! Thank you, Nicole Robinson. Nicole is a talented Close To My Heart consultant who makes gorgeous creations not only with their wonderful products, but with their Cricut cartridges as well. Check her out here.

The Creative Blogger Award entitles you to join a group of talented people and share your personal thoughts and secrets on your creative endeavors and hopefully you'll find some inspiration along the way. We are asked to answer the following questions...


What are you currently working on?


It's a super busy time. I literally have about 10 projects in the works right now. Many are for Graphic 45, for whom I am a Design Team member. Two will be taught as classes at the upcoming Winter CHA 2015 show in Anaheim, California. Another big project will be used in a video series for Scrapbook.com. and I'm working on a calendar project with the new Time To Flourish collection. I'm also designing CHA projects for the Hampton Art booth featuring Graphic 45's new upcoming stamp sets, and I'm creating my next project for the Compendium of Curiosities Crew, not to mention a few others on the back burner.


What is your signature style?

If I had to name it specifically, I'd have to say it's Feminine Vintage Grunge. I adore flowers, nature, animals and feminine themes like clothing, baking, sewing all with a vintage twist. Lace, buttons and doilies are some of my favorite embellishments. I'm not much of a pastel girl at all. If I'm working with pastels, you'll always find me inking the edges and grunging it up. If I had to pick one project that represents my personal style best, it would be my Creativity piece shown above. Lots of Tim Holtz products with my own feminine twist.



How do you get inspired and stay inspired?

I am constantly inspired by amazing artists through blogs, Pinterest, and YouTube although I honestly don't spend lots of time on the computer doing so. If I have a bit of (rare) spare time, I'll indulge myself an hour or two per week to really look around online. But mainly it comes from people I connect with on a daily basis through a quick look at Facebook and Instagram in the morning while having coffee. If I see something I like, I pin it and move on. Then when it's time to create and I'm feeling the need for outward inspiration, I'll take a look at my pins. Otherwise, if I'm feeling in the creative zone (which I luckily seem to find my way into without too much constraint) then I just start to envision ideas and play with them until I see something come together. Staying inspired is not difficult at all to do. I'm exposed to so many amazing, creative people online, all I have to do is hop on the computer for a few minutes and boom!



How does your creative process work?

It may be hard to believe, but I envision and develop most of my creative ideas for projects while I'm out on an early morning run. Usually I'm out the door by 5:30 a.m. while it's still dark. It's such a peaceful quiet time and I'm definitely an early bird kinda girl. It's pretty magical how things come together as I let my mind wander while I'm running along. The same happens when I'm on my Stairmaster. I put the music in my ears, put the TV on a music video channel, and my mind just takes off. Then once I'm in my craft room, I start playing with products to make my vision come together.



My goal, especially when designing projects for the Graphic 45 Design Team, is to share projects that most everyone can do. I'm not out to show off or to create masterpieces that no one would even bother to try to recreate. I hope to inspire, to teach through my videos and tutorials, and to enable others to try my techniques and projects on their own. The best feeling is when someone writes me and tells me that they made something of their own inspired by one of my projects. I love that.


Now it's my turn to nominate two artists who inspire me. Two very talented ladies who I've been watching and learning from for years now are Jan Hobbins and Shelly Hickox. If you like my style, you'll LOVE theirs. Be sure to check them out. I promise you'll be as inspired by them as I am.


Thanks for visiting today. I always appreciate that. Have a great day!



Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com