Village Dwelling Fun!


Oh my goodness, crafters, don't say I didn't warn you: Tim Holtz's new Village Dwelling die and the compatible Village Winter die make creating tiny houses totally addictive! There, you've been warned. Now if you're of an addictive nature, I say close out this blog and move on to something else.

LOL! Okay, seriously, creating different styles of little houses is super great fun and if I didn't need to sleep, cook, or pay attention to my family, I could make a million of these! I've decided to make mine into Christmas ornaments, but I can totally see a winter village with little battery-operated tea lights in each house. And, yes, I am most likely going to purchase the Bell Tower die as well. (Duh.)

I've decided to teach my Friday Follies club members the three different houses this month. By creating three completely different styles, this exposes my group to different techniques and products which is what my monthly classes are all about.

Let's take a closer look at each...

The Gingerbread House. 
This house includes textured brown cardstock, colored gems, Snow Writer paint, Festive Berries Distress Glitter, Yuletide Fasteners, ric-rac and striped ribbon, a resin gingerbread boy, and two tiny candy canes.








Silver & Gold House.
This one features Metallic Kraft-Core cardstock, tinsel twine, glitter cardstock, and some gold pearl garland and a sweet little bell on the front door.




A frosty snowflake adorns the top of the door's awning.


The New England House.
I couldn't resist making this one on top of a round log base which I found at Hobby Lobby. The clapboard siding, the deep red and slate gray roof all remind me of New England home styles.  Sheets of white fleece cut easily with the Village Winter die for the snow on top.



Tiny wreath and trees are from Hobby Lobby.



This little cardinal is also from Hobby Lobby. You can find all kinds of tiny treasures there! I loved shopping for all these goodies!



Here's another look at all three. I can hardly wait for class this Friday so the ladies can enjoy making these. I'm planning to post a few short broadcasts from class on my Periscope this Friday, so if you'd like to see the class in action, make sure to follow me @AnnetteGreen. Periscope is a free app which allows you to see LIVE video of whoever you follow. You'll receive an audio cue when I go live, then all you do is jump on your phone or tablet and watch. You can even leave comments or ask questions. It's great fun!


You can find all the great Tim Holtz products I used most craft stores and at SimonSaysStamp.com plus all the other goodies in your local Hobby Lobby store.


Thanks for stopping in today. Have a wonderful week! 




Comments

  1. Sooooooooooooo cute! Love all three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling! Great idea for ornaments. So many possibilities. Hard to choose a favorite from these 3. Love them all. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My word girl!! These are all ADORABLE!! I want to check you out on periscope so I can get a realistic idea of the size! They are so cute!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo stinkin' cute! I love them to bits. I might just have to get those dies now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW Annette these are just gorgeous....LOOOOOVE the gingerbread house, just wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are all so cute! Wish I could join the ladies on Friday! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Annette, I just love all of your houses, especially the gingerbread one! These dies are just THE greatest fun aren't they? I have just made a chapel with the other die and I love it! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are really great. It is a versatile die, isn't it? I am working on some as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG you've been having fun ... these houses are adorable !

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are Gorgeous and so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh I just love making these dwellings and your holidays dwellings are so festive, different and fun! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are, in effect, Putz houses! What a fantastic die to get.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love every single one and I want to do them too!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh! German Putz houses! Gotta love them. They go way back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You can find German Putz house templates online but you have to search far and wide!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com